Monday, March 4, 2013

Easy grading...and cheaper than Scan Tron!

I used to love using Scan Tron to grade my multiple choice test and benchmark exams.  I especially loved how quick and easy I could grade them.  Then education got hit with budget cuts and we were told to cut back on using Scan Tron bubble sheets unless absolutely necessary.  That's when I found Catpin Production's Bubble Test Form Generator.

The Bubble Test Form Generator is super easy to use and only takes a few minutes to create a bubble form for you test.  The great thing about the Bubble Test Form Generator is the number of options you get!  They have a ton of different ways that you can customize the possible answer choices you give students.  You can have True/False, (1,2,3,4), (A,B,C,D), Fact/Opinion, and even music notes!  It truly is a great tool...and it is 100% FREE!  You can find Catpin Productions Bubble Test Form Generator HERE.

I go a step further to make grading tests super easy.  I make a copy of the bubble form and mark it as "KEY" at the top.  I then mark the correct answers.  Now, here is where it gets fun.  I tape over the front and back of the key using regular scotch tape.  This is optional, but I like doing it because it makes the key much more sturdy and allows me to reuse it if I ever give that particular test again.  Next I take out my single hole hole puncher and punch out the correct answers.  Now I can lay my key over each student's test, quickly see which answers are not correct, mark them and move on to the next test.  I graded 28 fifty question tests today in just a few minutes.

Here I am grading a test earlier today.



I hope you're able to find the Bubble Test Generator to be as helpful as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment