Saturday, July 14, 2012

60 Sucks!

Well, this isn't exactly something to use in the classroom, however I thought it turned out cute enough to share!  My aunt celebrated her 60th birthday tonight, and I whipped up this little project for her to use as a centerpiece.  This is SUPER EASY to make!!

To make one just like this you will need a glass candle holder ( I bought mine at Walmart for $2.50.  If I would have had time, I would have went to the Dollar Store), a styrofoam ball (I should have bought a smaller one.  I ended up using about 120 suckers instead of the 60 I had planned to use), a bag of Dum Dums, and a hot glue gun.

First, I hot glued the styrofoam ball to the glass candleholder.  Next, I started poking suckers into the styrofoam ball.  It took a little trial and error to find out how close to put them and the styrofoam ball not show.  Thankfully the styrofoam is forgiving!  After I finished covering the ball with suckers, I made a little sign holder using a piece of wire that I covered with zebra print ribbon.  I made the small sign by printing and cutting out ovals, with the last one saying "60 Sucks".




No comments:

Post a Comment